By Gene And Katie Hamilton
Details make the difference in a home that's accessible and convenient to live in. These suggestions are for upgrades and replacements that enhance your home and make it comfortable to get around and a safe place for everyone who lives there.
Some of these upgrades are easy for a do-it-yourselfer, others are not. If that's the case, click here to get to Home Advisor
and it will open in a new tab and you’ll have to answer some basic questions about the job followed by contractors in your area to do the work. HomeAdvisor is a free referral service connecting homeowners with local contractors.
The link for each individual project takes you to project cost data with information about what’s involved and the cost of doing the work yourself compared with hiring a professional. You can localize the job cost to where you live by typing your ZIP Code in the cost box.
ALL AROUND THE HOUSE
IN THE BATHROOM
IN THE KITCHEN
Click on these Links to Articles and Information about Aging in Place
- Simple Solutions to Age Proofing a Home 8 easy changes to make to a home.
- Age Friendly Room Checklist Use this list to see if your home is age friendly.
- Lighting a Family Friendly Home What's the correct amount of lighting in a room?
- Tips and Hints to Age Proof a Home Do simple things to make a home better.
- Job Costs to Age Proof a Kitchen Cost of kitchen projects.
- Update a Bathroom for Lifelong Living Remodeling solutions to consider.