By Gene and
A landscape contractor does a variety of lawn and garden installations and maintenance work, and is listed in the Yellow Pages as Landscape contractors. To find one online type "landscape contractor in (your town)" in the search box of any search engine. Plan to pay 45 to $60, the national average hourly rate for a landscape contractor.
A contract with a landscape contractor should include:
- Concise explanation of the work to be completed including the type of materials to be used
- How the installation will be constructed and its dimensions
- Details about maintenance work to be completed
- Fees for equipment rental, hauling service etc.
- Total charge that includes the labor and materials
- Payment schedule
- Beginning and completion date for the work
Click Landscaping Projects to compare how much it costs to do-it-yourself with hiring a landscaper for 23 improvements.