By Gene And Katie Hamilton
Here’s advice from Cabot, the maker of wood stain products, about how to stain your deck and outdoor wood like chairs, benches and planters.
Follow these tips to create a lasting finish to a wood deck.
* Stain the shaded areas of your deck first so the stain dries evenly.
* Work 2-3 boards at a time, end-to-end to avoid lap marks.
* Stir your stain frequently while you work to maintain a consistent color.
* Combine multiple opacities to get a beautiful, unique look.
* The more opaque your stain the more protection you will have.
They’ve launched a new aerosol product to finish projects like outdoor furniture, steps, railings, fences, mailboxes, planters and benches called Australian Timber Oil Aerosol, available in four popular oil colors.
EXTEND THE LIFE OF A WOODEN FENCE
REVIVE RUSTY LAWN FURNITURE
SPRUCE UP YOUR DECK OR PATIO