Hire a Pro Advice: Replace a Medicine Cabinet

Get help finding a carpenter to replace the medicine cabinet in your bathroom and enjoy its good looks and convenience for years to come.

By Gene and Katie Hamilton

Replacing a medicine cabinet can be done by a carpenter or handyman, who usually advertises in local newspapers and is listed as "Handyman Service" in the Yellow Pages. If there's a bulletin board in a hardware store or home center you may find postings of their business cards. Plan to call a handyman service when you have more than one job. Often they charge a minimum fee to cover the expense of traveling so make it worthwhile for you and the handyman. If you have to take off work to be home for the repair work, you'll benefit from having more than one job on your house "to do" list checked off.