By Gene and Katie Hamilton
A landscape service is a company that does a variety of lawn and garden installations like stone patio pavers and is listed in the Yellow Pages as "Landscape Contractors". These contractors usually specify in their advertisements the scope of work they do so look for those emphasizing they do "custom designs." While they may not have someone on their staff who installs stonework patios, they will have access to a sub-contractor who does that kind of work.
A contract with a landscape contractor should include:
- a concise explanation of the work to be completed including the type of stonework, gravel, sand etc. used
- how the patio will be constructed, depth of foundation, its length and width
- additional fees for equipment rental, hauling service etc.
- total charge that includes the labor and materials
- payment schedule
- beginning and completion date for the work